The SevOne Cluster™ Technology
World’s Most Scalable Network Performance Management Architecture
SevOne uses next-generation, distributed-architecture technologies to provide the most scalable and fastest product in the industry for monitoring IT. The SevOne Cluster combines the cutting edge principles behind peer-to-peer sharing and big data clusters to scale smoothly so that millions of network elements, across all monitoring technologies, can be monitored from a single pane of glass.
The SevOne Cluster is an appliance-based performance managment architecture in which multiple appliances, physical or virtual, are joined in a peering environment wherein each appliance collects, stores and reports data from only the devices assigned to it. All appliances in the SevOne Cluster are aware of which device is being monitored by the other peers, and can appropriately route data requests.
This distributed approach allows users to log into any SevOne appliance and view information about the entire network. Upon receiving a request from one of its peers, a SevOne appliance processes the request locally and sends the requesting peer only the data needed to complete the report. If a report spans multiple peers, each SevOne appliance works on its part of the same report simultaneously—and results are delivered within seconds or less.
SevOne's unique peer-to-peer architecture makes linear scalability possible — that is, when your managed network grows, you simply add more peer appliances to increase capacity. The new appliances and the network devices they manage will automatically be incorporated into the SevOne Cluster without any impact on existing management and no loss of historical data— a truly extensible, reliable and easily deployed solution.
Complete and Instant Visibility
- Enables visibility into legacy networks, virtualized environments, cloud networks, voice/data/video networks and flow data — all from a single, unified console and reporting engine.
- Immediate access to both real-time data as well as up to a year of raw data allows engineers to drill into the past with the same granularity as the present.
- 300 polling threads per appliance ensures that data is collected at the scheduled times and that no gaps in visibility occur as collection needs scale.
- Eliminates the scalability bottleneck of a centralized reporting server by utilizing the reporting capabilities of all peered appliances, resulting in network-wide reports that take seconds, not hours.
Proven "Big Data" Deployments
- Numerous customers that manage millions of network elements and run baseline analytics in the trillions have access to the results in a single easy-to-use web interface.
Return On Investment (ROI)
- The “All-in-One” appliance (collection, storage and reporting) and its powerful capabilities involve a much smaller solution footprint, need less daily management, and are easy to use — resulting in improvements in CAPEX/OPEX expenses.