Bandwidth demands for Multi-Service Operators (MSOs) and wireless carriers continue to increase at phenomenal rates. Where legacy technologies struggle to cope with consumer data demands, operators have turned to cost-efficient, scalable, and future-proof Carrier and Metro Ethernet to accommodate the explosive growth in traffic.
Monitoring the performance of this IP/Ethernet-based backhaul infrastructure is critical to successfully delivering the levels of service customers demand. With the increases in new technologies, the number of possible backhaul failure points and bottlenecks requires new levels of scalability and end-to-end performance visibility.
To monitor Ethernet backhaul performance and reduce costs by optimizing network capacity, the world’s top MSOs and wireless carriers have deployed SevOne’s performance management solution, thereby doing much more with far less.
- Automatically monitors backhaul network elements across the infrastructure (i.e., core/distribution, access, or edge).
Synthetic Test Monitoring
- Collects and reports on synthetic tests, like ITU Y.1731 and IEEE 802.1ag.
Bulk Performance Statistics
- Collects and imports bulk performance statistics from key EMS for backhaul equipment providers, including Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Ericsson, Ciena, RAD, as well as EXFO/Brix Networks.
- Complete historical and proactive baselines from the demarcation (eNID) devices or site routers at each end of the circuits.
- Reports of Key Performance Indicators, including frame delay, frame delay variation, frame loss and throughput.
Network Performance Monitoring
- State-of-the-art and world’s most scalable network performance monitoring to ensure the infrastructure meets service levels and addresses future demands.
Backhaul Infrastucture Optimization
- Optimizes Ethernet backhaul infrastructure to support increased multi-media traffic levels and new markets and geographies.
Performance Issue Identification
- Isolates, determines, and issues alerts about performance issues prior to service impact to deliver on customers’ expectations.